Little Kidland Holiday Cottage
An Excellent Rural Location Perfect For a Relaxing Getaway
This uniquely attractive Grade II listed Devon Longhouse is set in its own valley with river frontage and is approached over a small ford at the end of a no through road. The property is finished to a good standard and is full of character with vaulted ceilings, exposed beams and an inglenook fireplace with wood burner.
It makes the ideal base for walking, fishing, horse riding and is in a central position for touring the south west, you will also be a mile from a 13th century inn with a Michelin restaurant. You are close to Exmoor National Park with pathways, picturesque villages and character moorland pubs. Perfectly positioned to visit the wonderful sandy beaches of Saunton, Croyde, Woolacombe and Westward Ho! South Molton is a 15 minute drive and offers superb markets, antique and small boutique shops, cafes and numerous pubs and restaurants. Conveniently located for the various attractions in the area including Tarr Steps near Dulverton, Lynton & Lynmouth, Watersmeet, Diggerland, The Big Sheep, RHS Rosemoor Gardens to name but a few. Games barn: with pool table, table football, skittles and basket ball net. Golf clubs are available.
- FOUR bedrooms: on the first floor approached via steep cottage style stairs, 1 double and 1 single. On the ground floor, 1 double with en-suite shower and WC and 1 twin.
- Bathroom: with bath and WC on the first floor.
- Separate WC on the ground floor.
- Lounge: with TV and DVD.
- Mezzanine: overlooking the lounge with seating.
- Snug: with wood burner set in an inglenook fireplace (first basket of logs included), TV and DVD.
- Dining room: with French doors leading onto the terrace with views down to the river.
- Kitchen: with electric hob and oven, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine
- Outside: large terrace with a covered area which leads to the gentle sloping lawns that run down to the river (care to be taken with children) with seating and BBQ.
- No smoking
- Care must be taken with low beams, internal steps and the river
- 2 dogs welcome
Dogs are charged per dog at £20.00 for up to 7 nights, £40.00 for up to 14 nights and an additional £20.00 for every week or part week thereafter.
- Private Water Supply
- Location: beach 50 minute drive, shops at South Molton 15 minute drive and pub 1 mile.